Brazil: Arthur relief as Tite says midfielder "fine" after knee blow
Brazil boss Tite was handed a Copa América boost when Barcelona star Arthur's knee blow turned out just to be a minor knock
Brazil boss Tite is optimistic midfielder Arthur will be fit for the Copa América after an injury scare.
The Barcelona player was caught by a poor challenge from Honduras winger Romell Quioto, who was sent off, during Brazil's 7-0 friendly victory.
Brazil coach plays down Arthur injury fears
Although Arthur was treated before being substituted, concerns about the state of his affected knee were soon allayed by coach Tite.
He said to reporters: "Arthur is fine. I spoke to him. He told me it was just a knock. And I saw in his face that he is well.
"I don't want to second-guess the doctor, he'll confirm all this for you, but from his mood, I saw it was just a knock."
DEU BRASIL! No último amistoso antes da Copa América, #SeleçãoBrasileira goleou no Beira-Rio. Agora é reta final de preparação para a estreia!— CBF Futebol (@CBF_Futebol) June 9, 2019
7 x 0 | #JogaBola #BRAxHON
Fotos: @lucasfigfoto / CBF pic.twitter.com/2mpEolPBTF
Brazil kick off Copa América bid on Friday
Hosts Brazil begin their Copa América campaign against Bolivia on Friday in Sao Paulo, with star man Neymar already ruled out of the tournament by injury.
They then face Venezuela and Peru as they seek a first continental triumph since 2007.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How and where to watch Patriots vs. Jets
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester United vs Liverpool: times, TV and how to watch online
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: why is this game called El Clásico?
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series