De Ligt: agent in Paris to hold talks with PSG amid Barça impasse
Catalan daily Sport reports that PSG are now favourites to sign Ajax's Matthijs de Ligt, amid the impasse between Barcelona and the player.
The soap opera surrounding the future of Ajax captain Matthijs de Ligt continues.
The latest news coming out of Spain is that the player’s agent, Mino Raiola, was in Paris this Wednesday morning to hold talks with PSG regarding the transfer of the young centre back.
Citing Italian Sky Sports reporter, Gianluca Di Marzio, Catalan daily Sport reports that Raiola met with PSG sporting director Leonardo, who laid down a firm proposal regarding the player’s contract terms.
With the player reportedly not convinced with the offer and sporting conditions Barça have proposed, PSG are attempting to take advantage of the impasse between the LaLiga club and the player in a bid to secure his signature, according to Sport, again citing Di Marzio.
Barcelona angry with De Ligt
Sport also reports this Wednesday that the LaLiga giants are angry with De Ligt over his reluctance to tie down his future and are unwilling to enter a bidding war for the player.
Barcelona were anticipating that De Ligt would finally put pen to paper at Camp Nou following the Nations League final. However after the Netherlands’ loss to Portugal, the 19-year-old said he was still undecided about his future and would wait until after his holidays before making a final decision.
Barca and PSG are two of four clubs that have been heavily linked with De Ligt, along with Juventus and Manchester United, who are also reportedly still in the running to sign the young defender.
However, according to Di Marzio, the French champions are now the ones in pole position to secure his services for next season.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Real Madrid's Vinicius outshining his idol Neymar at PSG
- Technology Which phones will no longer support WhatsApp starting on November 1?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in California?
- NFL NFL Commissioner Goodell: WFT probe results won’t be released
- NFL | STEELERS Steelers coach Tomlin says he would 'never' take college job
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"