Real Madrid-bound Rodrygo Goes bids Santos emotional goodbye
Ahead of linking up with Real Madrid for the 2019-20 LaLiga season, Brazilian teenager Rodrygo Goes has said goodbye to Santos.
Rodrygo Goes bid an emotional farewell to Santos ahead of joining up with Real Madrid.
The Brazilian teenager signed for Madrid in June 2018, with Los Blancos paying a reported €45million for him, but remained at Santos for another year.
Rodrygo has not played since May due to a dispute between Santos and the Brazilian Football Confederation, although he was present at Wednesday's 1-0 win against Corinthians.
Rodrygo: "I'll always take Santos in my heart"
The 18-year-old was given a shirt with the number 82 to mark the amount of games he played for Santos and was visibly emotional as a video tribute was played on big screens.
Rodrygo joins a major squad rebuild at Madrid, who have signed Eden Hazard, Eder Militao, Ferland Mendy and Luka Jovic to boost Zinedine Zidane's options.
"I will not say much, I do not like crying in front of everybody," Rodrygo told reporters ahead of the Corinthians game.
"I'm very emotional and I want to say to every Santos supporter that I'm going to miss it so much and I'm always going to take Santos in my heart."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds