Luka Jovic: Frankfurt sign Dejan Joveljic from Red Star Belgrade
After selling Luka Jovic to Real Madrid, Eintracht Frankfurt have signed Dejan Joveljic from Red Star Belgrade, where the Serbia striker started out.
Eintracht Frankfurt have signed Serbian forward Dejan Joveljic from Red Star Belgrade after losing Luka Jovic to Real Madrid.
Serbia star Jovic joined LaLiga giants Madrid for a reported fee of €60million after taking the Bundesliga and Europe by storm in 2018-19.
The 21-year-old scored 17 Bundesliga goals and added another 10 during Eintracht's run to the Europa League semi-finals.
Eintracht made a significant profit on Jovic as they triggered a purchase option on his two-year loan deal from Benfica for a reported €6m in April, after the forward struggled for game time at the Portuguese giants following his arrival from Red Star in 2016.
And Eintracht have turned to another Serbian frontman, luring 19-year-old Joveljic from Serbian champions Red Star on a five-year deal until June 2024.
Joveljic – born in the same city as Jovic in Bijeljina – scored eight goals and tallied two assists in 17 matches last season.
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots