Gregg Berhalter confident with USA winning the Gold Cup
The United States coach is confident the Bars and Stars side can repeat as champions of the CONCACAF summer tournament in this 2019 edition.
Gregg Berhalter knows what he wants from the upcoming Gold Cup, and that is to win, despite not giving the best results in the two friendlies the USMNT had ahead of the tournament that left a bitter taste in the US fans.
However, coach Berhalter expects for his team to win the summer competition, saying he hopes to snap the two games losing streak as they try to renew their championship to mlssoccer.com.
"We have expectations on ourselves to get results. So when we're entering this Gold Cup, we want to win this Gold Cup. That's what we want to do, and that's what we expect to do."
The US side will debut in the Gold Cup on Tuesday by facing Guyana, to later go against Trinidad & Tobago in a match where the American will look to take some kind of revenge after their 2018 loss that left them out of the Russian World Cup.
United States will close its group stage run against Panama on June 26 at Kansas City, while Gregg Berhalter will lead his first major tournament as the United States Men's National Team coach.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS SJ Earthquakes' Javier 'Chofis' López struggled to adapt to MLS
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Wednesday 23 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's candidates for a leader in the post-Ramos era
- FOOTBALL Sergio Ramos: Neymar key as PSG lead race for Real Madrid great
- NBA NBA: Bucks aim to take down Hawks in battle for the East
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: Detroit Pistons win top pick