Gregg Berhalter confident with USA winning the Gold Cup
The United States coach is confident the Bars and Stars side can repeat as champions of the CONCACAF summer tournament in this 2019 edition.
Gregg Berhalter knows what he wants from the upcoming Gold Cup, and that is to win, despite not giving the best results in the two friendlies the USMNT had ahead of the tournament that left a bitter taste in the US fans.
However, coach Berhalter expects for his team to win the summer competition, saying he hopes to snap the two games losing streak as they try to renew their championship to mlssoccer.com.
"We have expectations on ourselves to get results. So when we're entering this Gold Cup, we want to win this Gold Cup. That's what we want to do, and that's what we expect to do."
The US side will debut in the Gold Cup on Tuesday by facing Guyana, to later go against Trinidad & Tobago in a match where the American will look to take some kind of revenge after their 2018 loss that left them out of the Russian World Cup.
United States will close its group stage run against Panama on June 26 at Kansas City, while Gregg Berhalter will lead his first major tournament as the United States Men's National Team coach.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Can Child Tax Credit payments affect my tax return in 2022?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Laurel Hubbard? Meet the transgender athlete breaking barriers at the Tokyo Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: JuVaughn Harrison, Jennifer Gadirova | medal count, results, today 1 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK California Golden State stimulus check: when is the new payment coming?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August