Real Madrid and Barcelona target Fulham teenage "sensation"
Real Madrid and Barcelona are reportedly both interested in signing 16-year-old Harvery Elliot after the youngster rejected a new deal with Fulham.
Real Madrid and Barcelona both have their sights set on Fulham’s teenage winger Harvey Elliot, according to UK paper The Sun.
Elliot made history in May by becoming the youngest ever player to feature in the Premier League at 16 years and 30 days old, beating the previous 12-year record held by former Fulham player Matthew Briggs (16 years and 68 days).
The Premier League appearance followed his senior team debut in the Carabao Cup against Millwall at 15 years old back in September 2018.
Amid the interest of Real Madrid and Barcelona, the young winger has reportedly rejected a new deal at Fulham and is expected to leave Craven Cottage as a free agent following the club’s relegation from the Premier League last season.
Born on April 4th 2003, Harvey Elliot became the youngest ever player to play in a Premier League game earlier on this afternoon! pic.twitter.com/ZXIeZsyXuv— Dugout (@Dugout) 4 May 2019
Madrid or Barca could snap Elliot up for £200,000
Aside from the two LaLiga giants, German club RB Leipzig are also understood be interested in signing Elliot, who has been described as a “sensation” by Fulham captain Tom Cairney.
As pointed out by The Sun, “his appearance against Wolves last month will push his training compensation into the millions for an English club”. However, a club outside of England would have to pay just £200,000 for the young winger, which could prompt Madrid, Barca or Leipzig to snap him up this summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in Texas?
- NFL Watt joins long list of players out for Packers vs Cardinals game
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- SOCCER Ronald Koeman fired from FC Barcelona: who are the possible coaches that could replace him?
- Jokic won't miss extended time after knee injury vs. Jazz Tuesday
- MLB Braves vs. Astros live online, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2