Referee for Uruguay - Ecuador: Anderson Daronco
The Brazilian whistler, in charge of the Group C Copa América clash at the Estadio Mineirão, sent off Ecuador's José Quinteros for dangerous play after 24 minutes.
Uruguay and Ecuador face each other in Group C of the Copa América in the first game for each country at the tournament at the Estadio Mineirão on Sunday night (kick-off at midnight CEST) and the referee for the game is the Brazilian Anderson Daronco, assisted by his fellow countrymen Marcelo Van Gasse and Kleber Lucio and Colombian Nicolás Gallo as the fourth official. The VAR referees are Brazilians Wilton Sampaio and Rodrigo Correa along with the Argentinean Fernando Rapallini.
Daronco: "The Strongman Judge"
38 year old Anderson Daronca is known for his high level of fitness, and has been given the nickname "The Strongman Judge". He was in charge of the qualifying match between Uruguay and Venezuela for Russia 2018 (which finished 0-0) and also the qualifying match between Ecuador and Argentina in Quito, which finished 1-3.
Daronco sends off José Quinteros after VAR review
Referee Anderson Daronca made a major intervention in the match after 24 minutes when he sent off Ecuador's José Quinteros for dangerous play, having elbowed Uruguay's Nicolas Lodeiro, leaving the Seattle Sounders player bleeding on the turf.
Initially Daronco booked Quinteros for the challenge, however he was advised to watch the incident again on the pitchside monitor. Having done so the Brazilian referee rescinded the yellow card he had shown Quinteros, instead giving him a straight red card.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7