Ajax rule out Odegaard but Bundesliga remains possible
After a conversation with Marc Overmars, the sporting director of Ajax, the club have ruled out the possibility of a deal but Bundesliga team are monitoring the situation.
In the last number of months, several teams have shown an interested in signing Martin Odegaard. The 20-year-old was linked with a move to Ajax most recently but the club have ruled out the possibility of a deal.
The player had a long chat with Overmars and after the conversation, the sporting director decided against pursuing the club's interest in the attacker. He had been mentioned as a replacement for Hakim Ziyech, who is linked with a move away from last year's Champions League semi-finalists.
Odegaard could be Bundesliga-bound
That doesn't end it, however, as Bayer Leverkusen remain interested. The possibility of a loan deal remains on the table or the option to buy with a buy-back clause included in the deal. Real Madrid would be willing to let him go to Leverkusen where Dani Carvajal had a good experience. They also qualified for the Champions League for the coming year.
The deal will have to be done soon with Odegaard himself pushing for a conclusion in the last few weeks. There is word that the player and his father landed in Düsseldorf on Thursday morning to finalise a deal.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What businesses accept payment with cryptocurrencies in the US?
- NFL How many times have the Los Angeles Rams reached the NFC NFL Conference Finals?
- NFL How many times have Cincinnati Bengals reached AFC Championship Game?
- SOCCER Cristiano Ronaldo complains about market valuation and asks for an explanation
- BARCELONA Barcelona and Spotify seal deal for Camp Nou naming rights
- 'I thought I was dreaming!' – Warriors star Wiggins reacts to All-Star selection