Official: Raúl is the new manager of Real Madrid Castilla
Real Madrid have announced that club legend, Raúl, will take the reins at Real Madrid Castilla after obtaining his UEFA Pro License last Friday.
Raúl González is the new manager of Real Madrid Castilla. The club announced the news that As repoered last May on their website as they promote the former striker from Real Madrid's under-15 side.
They lost to Cartagena in the Segunda B playoffs despite carrying a 3-1 lead into the second leg and Real Madrid are keen to see them up in the second division, which is Raúl's objective.
On Friday, he was handed his UEFa Pro License that allows him to manage any team at any level in professional football. It was the last hurdle for the 41-year-old to climb before the official announcement.
Raúl respect in the academy
With the decision, Real Madrid maintain their strategy of giving former players the chance to coach the second team with the hope of eventually managing the first team, which is what happened with Zidane and Solari most recently. The legendary former captain of the club holds a special lelvel of respect amongst the youngsters at the club and the club knew that when taking the chance on the new manager.
Raúl replaced Manolo Díaz, who was given the job when Santiago Solari was promoted to the first team last season. Díaz will return to a role as the co-ordinator of the academy, the role he fulfilled before being given the job as Castilla coach.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 6
- NFL Ravens' John Harbaugh thinks Jackson critique misses point
- NFL Which NFL players have 'gone broke' after their career?
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible starting XI against Shakhtar
- NBA NBA 21/22 season: How much does a cheerleader earn?
- MLB Astros vs. Red Sox live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series