Barcelona sign young defender Van Beijnen
NAC Breda defender Mike van Beijnen has been snapped up by LaLiga champions who have put a 100-million-euro release clause on his contract.
Barcelona signed Dutch full-back Mike van Beijnen on a two-year deal, the LaLiga champions announced on Thursday.
Van Beijnen in at Camp Nou
Van Beijnen's contract runs through to 2021, with the 20-year-old's deal including a €100-million buy-out clause.
He arrives on a free transfer from NAC Breda and will link up with Barcelona B for the 2019-20 season.
Van Beijnen, who also spent time with Eredivisie giants PSV and Willem II, is reportedly the son of Frenkie de Jong's agent Ali Dursun.
We are delighted to announce that 20 year old Dutch defender Mike van Beijnen has signed a 2-year contract to join @FCBarcelonaB as a free agent.— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) June 20, 2019
Full details here: https://t.co/wFQXfdrmdX pic.twitter.com/ICaEeuQFGT
Netherlands star De Jong agreed a €75m move to Barcelona from Dutch champions Ajax in January.
The 22-year-old midfielder is preparing for his first pre-season with Ernesto Valverde's side.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPICS Team USA vs Spain 2021 Tokyo Olympics live updates: score, stats, highlights
- OLYMPIC GAMES How does sport climbing work at the Olympics? Rules, format and score system
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 2 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles returns for gymnastic's balance beam finals: times, TV, and how to watch 2021 Olympics
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER The USWNT will play against Australia for bronze