De Ligt: Juventus and Ajax reach deal for Netherlands defender
According to Sky Italia, the in-demand central defender has decided to move to Turin and Ajax will pocket a fee of around of €70m for the 19-year-old.
Matthijs de Ligt has reportedly brought one of the summer’s transfer sagas to a close by agreeing a deal to join up with Cristiano Ronaldo at Juventus.
The Ajax defender has been linked with most of Europe’s heavyweights since leading the Dutch club to the semi-finals of the Champions League and a domestic double last season with Barcelona seemingly the front-runners for much of the process.
Ronaldo keen on De Ligt
However, De Ligt revealed that Ronaldo had had a quiet word in his ear after the UEFA Nations League final and asked him to consider a move to Turin. Now, Sky Italia have reported that Ajax and Juventus have agreed a deal in the region of 70 million euros for the 19-year-old to join the Serie A champions in a huge boost to Maurizio Sarri’s burgeoning project and the Old Lady’s quest to reign over Europe once more.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds