Chicago Fire seeking to turn luck around in the MLS season
Bastian Schweinsteiger's squad is going through a bad streak in the current campaign of the American league, which sees them out of the playoff spots.
The Fire was looking for a win against Real Salt Lake, but they ended up only managing a 1-1 draw, leaving a bitter taste in the mouths of Chicago's fans as the team finds itself outside the playoff spots in the Eastern Conference standings.
Not much movement in the Eastern Conference standings this week. Are you happy with where your team is at? pic.twitter.com/8DniB2KMUK— Major League Soccer (@MLS) June 24, 2019
Chicago Fire's poor run is surprising as, in statistics terms, it is one of the top teams in the MLS for chances created, but too few actually scored.
Turn things around
Chicago Fire head coach Veljko Paunovic is understandably not happy with the team's current situation, sharing that the team isn't happy either, believing they have deserved more.
"We believe that we did many games well and deserved more. But we've got to keep giving and expecting that at some point it's going to turn in our direction."
Team captain Dax McCarty knows the team is capable of more.
"What we have to get better at is converting those opportunities. In every game, you see the same thing. There's no team that can defend against us, but we are not able to put the ball in the net we just lack a little bit of that killer instinct."
The Fire are in a difficult position in the present campaign with a 4-6-7 record for a total of 18 points in 16 games, which has them placed in ninth of the Eastern Conference.
Chicago's next test will be on Friday when they face the New York Red Bulls at the Red Bull Arena.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds