Real Madrid's latest signing: Fernando Guerrero
Rayo Majadahonda have announced that their 17-year-old youth academy gem Fernando Guerrero will leave the club to join Real Madrid.
Real Madrid have signed 17-year-old Fernando Guerrero from neighbouring second division club Rayo Majadahonda.
Rayo Majadahonda, for which Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane's son Enzo plays, made the move official on their website, confirming that the young midfielder will join Los Blancos next season.
“Guerrero joined the Club, playing in the Infantil B, and climbed up the ladder to make his debut with the first team on December 2 against Deportivo de la Coruña at just 17 years old,” wrote the club on its website.
“The midfielder went on to play three more games in the silver category and that visibility encouraged Real Madrid, among others, to ask for him and, finally, acquire his services.”
Guerrero will join up with Raul’s Castilla
One of the jewels of the Rayo youth academy, Guerrero is expected to join the ranks of Real Madrid Castilla, where he will be under the direction of Blancos legend Raúl, who was confirmed as the new reserve team coach in May.
The Rayo midfielder is yet another teenager that will make the move to Madrid this summer, along with Brazilian Rodrygo, who was signed from Santos for 45 million euros, and Japanese sensation Kubo, who is currently competing in the Copa América with Japan and has been dubbed ‘the Japanese Messi’.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES How many Olympic medals has the USA volleyball team won?
- OLYMPICS Alternative Tokyo Olympics Medal tables: how would countries rank according to other factors?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the longest race in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: When I was 13, I was playing RuneScape! – Peaty congratulates Sky Brown
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Marathon rules, distance and course at the Tokyo 2021 Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBAL How many olympic medals does LeBron James have?