LA Galaxy and Zlatan fail to come out on top in the Cali Clasico
The San Jose Earthquakes took advantage of the absences Galaxy have with the Gold Cup in motion to beat the LA side in a new edition of the Cali Clasico.
One of the most anticipated games of the MLS season is the one between San Jose Earthquakes and Los Angeles Galaxy, the well-known Cali Clasico, a match that the Quakes bossed with a firm 3-0 win over Zlatan Ibrahimovic's team.
In this edition of the Cali Clasico, San Jose didn't need any late drama, though they did finish up Galaxy in the last 10 minutes of the game, something these series tend to bring out, the crazy last-minute winners.
San Jose proved to be the best team on the field from the start, opening the scoring through Vako Qazaishvili in the 11th minute. However, LA Galaxy pushed for the equaliser with captain Ibrahimovic, but San Jose were the ones to dominate.
Chris Wondolowski continued his scoring form against his side's ultimate rivals by netting the second goal, before Shean Salinas laterr finished up the victory for San Jose, as they came out on top in the Cali Clasico.
San Jose's victory over Galaxy was Matías Almeyda's first win over Guillermo Barros Schelotto in an official match, taking the Boca-River Clasico to an ultimate battle in the MLS that as of now, Almeyda won.
Recommended in English
- NFL Wide receiver to wide back, the evolution being driven by the 49ers Deebo Samuel
- NFL Playoff Power Rankings: Packers, Rams, Chiefs | NFL Playoffs
- NFL NFL Wild Card Review: Games, Conclusions and Reflections
- AFCON Guinea-Bissau vs Nigeria: AFCON, times, TV and how to watch online
- AFCON AFCON Group D matchday preview: Egypt vs Sudan and Guinea-Bissau vs Nigeria
- Middleton admits Bucks need a Holiday from sorry slide as Grizzlies come into view