Alisson replaces Karius as Liverpool's number one
Loris Karius retained Liverpool's number one shirt despite being on loan at Besiktas last term, but it has now gone to Brazilian goalkeeper, Alisson Becker.
Alisson Becker has been handed Liverpool's number one shirt for the 2019-20 season. The Brazil goalkeeper, who is on international duty at the Copa América, inherits the jersey from Loris Karius.
Karius loaned out
German goalkeeper Karius retained the number last season despite being sent on loan to Besiktas following his error-strewn performance in the Reds' Champions League final defeat to Real Madrid. And with Karius set to spend a second season in Istanbul, Liverpool have taken the opportunity to reward Alisson for his Golden Glove-winning performances. Deputy keeper Simon Mignolet, who was expected to move on this summer, will now stay on at Anfield and retains the No.22 jersey. Completing the goalkeeping positions are Caoimhin Kelleher (No.62) and Kamil Grabara (No.73).
Alisson meanwhile will go into tomorrow's Copa América semi-final against Argentina aiming to preserve an impressive run of clean sheets. The Brazilian was last beaten in the first leg of the Champions League semi-final against Barcelona on 2 May. Since then he has kept eight clean sheets (against Wolves in the Premier League, Barcelona in the return leg and Tottenham in the final of the Champions League and in Brazil's friendly against Honduras as well as all of the team's four Copa América games so far).
The Ox handed new squad number
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has also been given a new shirt number as the England midfielder continues to bounce back from a serious knee injury. Oxlade-Chamberlain will move from No.21 to No.15 for the new campaign, taking Daniel Sturridge's old number after the striker left the club at the end of his contract.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?