With Christian Pulisic, USA reach the Gold Cup final
In an outstanding night for the new Chelsea player, the United States beat Jamaica, despite the weather delay, to set up a final against Mexico.
Nashville was ready for the Gold Cup semifinal between the USA and Jamaica, and the American fans celebrated early in the game when Weston McKennie scored the first US goal with only 9 minutes gone as the Stars and Stripes dictated the rhythm of the game. But the weather became a major obstacle for USA and Jamaica, with lightning delaying the match for an hour and a half.
The delay gave Jamaica some respite from constant US pressure; however, Christian Pulisic was sure of his task on the field, which was to create and score goals, even though the first half ended with just McKennie's goal.
Off to Chicago! U.S. Soccer advances to the #GoldCup2019 final after defeating Jamaica 3-1 in the semifinal! USA 🇺🇸 will now face Mexico 🇲🇽 on July 7 at 9PM ET#ThisIsOurs #EstoEsNuestro @USMNT pic.twitter.com/zvdlGjBMe2— Gold Cup 2019 (@GoldCup) July 4, 2019
For the second half, Jamaica pushed to get back into the game, and at times exerted control and made life difficult for Gregg Berhalter's side, who struggled to score as Blake, who had an outstanding night, blocked most of their attempts on goal. But it didn't last forever and the new Chelsea player proved why he's now the one to step into Eden Hazard's shoes.
Pulisic stepped up once again, scoring the second American goal in the 52nd minute, and despite Shamar Nicholson pulling one back in the 69th minute, the former Borussia Dortmund player scored his second in the 87th minute, booking the Stars and Stripes a place in the Grand Final.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem