Christian Pulisic scores goal 900 in the Gold Cup
The United States men's national team forward made history in the semifinal victory against Jamaica by scoring the 900th goal of the tournament.
Christian Pulisic is becoming the main man of the Gold Cup, and not just for the United States national team. He's having a great tournament and showing why Chelsea signed him in a record-breaking deal.
The American striker is a great player and has displayed his quality throughout the summer tournament, becoming a central piece in Gregg Berhalter's offensive line - tonight he also made his way into the Gold Cup history books.
¡900 festejos, estallidos de alegría y gritos de GOL ⚽! Con el tanto convertido por Christian Pulisic se alcanzaron los 900 goles en la historia de #GoldCup 🏆#GoldCup2019 #ThisIsOurs #EstoEsNuestro pic.twitter.com/J0kQKG0kLd— Gold Cup 2019 (@GoldCup) July 4, 2019
Pulisic scored two goals in the game against the Reggae Boyz, with one of them the 900th goal scored in the CONCACAF tournament. His name now joins other top scorers such as Landon Donovan and Luis Roberto Alves 'Zague', or even his teammate and friend Weston McKennie.
Moreover, Christian Pulisic is on his way to winning his first championship with the USMNT, moving one step closer after the Stars and Stripes' 3-1 victory over Jamaica. First, however, the United States need to beat Mexico in the Grand Final that will be played on Sunday at Chicago.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem