Pulisic and Jona dos Santos named in Gold Cup Best XI
The CONCACAF tournament revealed the 11 names that make up the championship's ideal line-up, with three MLS players among them.
The United States saw Mexico lift their eighth Gold Cup title at Soldier Field, taking away the Americans' back-to-back championship dreams, with El Tri regaining their CONCACAF crown, but not all was bad for the US side, and soccer in the States.
Three MLS players made it into the Gold Cup Best XI besides three US members, seven players from Mexico and one from Canada.
Christian Pulisic, the Young Player of the Tournament and the US' leader on the field, is one of the Stars and Stripes members to be named in the Gold Cup Best XI, with team-mates Michael Bradley and Aaron Long.
Pulisic managed three goals and three assists in six games, with Long netting twice in the summer championship.
The MLS is also represented in this Gold Cup, showing the growth of the American league with three players making the tournament's ideal line-up.
LA Galaxy midfielder and Mexico's superstar, Jonathan Dos Santos, was joined by US players Bradley and Long.
Jona was in charge of scoring Mexico's title-winning goal, and along with Long and Bradley displaying Major League Soccer's growth.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus What travel recommendations have the CDC established for Thanksgiving?
- NBA LeBron James' Los Angeles Lakers set to sign Marc Gasol – reports
- BOXING Tyson vs Jones Jr: Two boxing legends and the shock defeats in their storied careers
- LIGA MX There will be a Clásico Nacional in both Women’s and Men’s playoffs in the Liga MX
- LIGA MX Four key matchups to be aware for the quarter-finals in the Liga MX
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Messi is an extravagance which Barça can no longer afford