Pulisic and Jona dos Santos named in Gold Cup Best XI
The CONCACAF tournament revealed the 11 names that make up the championship's ideal line-up, with three MLS players among them.
The United States saw Mexico lift their eighth Gold Cup title at Soldier Field, taking away the Americans' back-to-back championship dreams, with El Tri regaining their CONCACAF crown, but not all was bad for the US side, and soccer in the States.
Three MLS players made it into the Gold Cup Best XI besides three US members, seven players from Mexico and one from Canada.
Christian Pulisic, the Young Player of the Tournament and the US' leader on the field, is one of the Stars and Stripes members to be named in the Gold Cup Best XI, with team-mates Michael Bradley and Aaron Long.
Pulisic managed three goals and three assists in six games, with Long netting twice in the summer championship.
The MLS is also represented in this Gold Cup, showing the growth of the American league with three players making the tournament's ideal line-up.
LA Galaxy midfielder and Mexico's superstar, Jonathan Dos Santos, was joined by US players Bradley and Long.
Jona was in charge of scoring Mexico's title-winning goal, and along with Long and Bradley displaying Major League Soccer's growth.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: CDC says fully vaccinated no mask, guidelines, Ohio lottery...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is a payment coming? IRS tax return deadline, Child Tax Credit
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINATIONS Coronavirus US: is it possible to travel without restrictions after the vaccine?
- TAX DAY 2021 What time is the deadline on 17 May for tax filing 2021?
- 2021 TAX SEASON Tax Deadline 2021: how to file an extension
- US News Where to get 12-15 year old kids vaccinated in California