Carlos Vela closing in on the all-time-single MLS season record
The LAFC captain and superstar keeps consolidating himself as the best player of the league, getting closer and closer to Josef Martinez 2018 scoring record.
Carlos Vela's dazzling 2019 season rolls on, for the third time this season he picked up the Player of the Week award, keeping his unreal goal-per-game rate so far as he seeks to set a new MLS record.
The LAFC captain is on track to challenge Jose Martinez' single-season goals record of 31 achieved in the 2018 campaign as he has a total of 19 goals in 19 games.
Much of Los Angeles FC success during the current campaign has a lot to do with Carlos Vela excellent form, as the Mexican has helped his team with 12 assists, and if he maintains the current level, he's clear favorite to take the MVP of the season award.
Vela has pushed further ahead of Josef's goals-per-90 minutes average, as in comparison, Atlanta United striker had in 19 games a total of 17 goals, in 1585 minutes for an average of 0-97 per 90 minutes. Carlos Vela, on the other hand, has 19 goals in 19 matches, in 1699 minutes for a 1.01 average per 90 minutes.
Carlos Vela leads the race for the 2019 Golden Boot with a seven-goal lead over Josef and six-goal lead over Zlatan Ibrahimovic. We're currently at the back half of the 2019 season, and Vela still need another 13 goals for him to defeat Martinez all-time-single-season record.
Te recomendamos en English
- MAN UNITED-LIVERPOOL Mourinho says Liverpool boss Klopp 'didn't like the menu' at Man Utd
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Jovic concerns continue after Mallorca defeat
- PREMIER LEAGUE Rashford's goal showed all the problems with VAR - Klopp
- REAL MADRID My lovely horse: Odriozola buys a racehorse before Mallorca game
- BARCELONA Barcelona trio come to life: 13 goals between them so far
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United chief says Glazers not selling amid reported Saudi Crown Prince interest