Carlos Vela once again named MLS Player of the Week
Los Angeles FC's captain once again led his team to two victories during MLS week 18, earning him the POTW award.
Carlos Vela is having a hell of a year, scoring every chance he gets to establish himself as the leader of the goals and assists tables, with 19 and 12 respectively.
His quality and leadership have helped make Los Angeles FC the best team so far in the MLS season, with the rest of the teams chasing behind, especially cross-town rivals LA Galaxy.
LAFC earned two victories in MLS week 18, defeating Sporting Kansas City 5-1 and Vancouver Whitecaps 6-1, with captain Vela proving the most important man on the field with three goals and two assists.
And Vela's performances have seen him named MLS Player of the Week for the third time this season.
Player of the Week
Each week an MLS Player of the Week is chosen by the media and a fan voting process conducted by MLS Communications, with 75% of the vote going to North American Soccer reporters and a Twitter fan vote representing the remaining 25%.
Te recomendamos en English
- MAN UNITED-LIVERPOOL Mourinho says Liverpool boss Klopp 'didn't like the menu' at Man Utd
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Jovic concerns continue after Mallorca defeat
- PREMIER LEAGUE Rashford's goal showed all the problems with VAR - Klopp
- REAL MADRID My lovely horse: Odriozola buys a racehorse before Mallorca game
- BARCELONA Barcelona trio come to life: 13 goals between them so far
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United chief says Glazers not selling amid reported Saudi Crown Prince interest