Tim Weah shines bright in first Lille OSC practice
The new addition to the Ligue 1 runners-up is settling in nicely at his new club, as the French team starts getting ready for the 2019/20 season.
The 19-year-old player caught a lot of attention during his participation in the US national team's Under-20 World Cup campaign in Poland, where the USYNT's journey ended at the quarter-final stage against Ecuador.
Weah scored two goals and gave two assists during the youth tournament, and spent a six-month loan spell with Scottish team Celtic FC.
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
With Celtic, Weah made a total of 16 appearances across all competitions, scoring four goals. Now he's back in the French League, where he could see action in next season's UEFA Champions League, as Lille will play in Europe's premier club competition after finishing second in Ligue 1.
The 2019/20 season is 30 days away and the US international is already settling in nicely with his brand new team.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League The Sun: Raul Jimenez is in Arsenal’s radar
- Liga MX Liga MX is one of the top 5 most important leagues in the world
- LIGUE 1 Nantes unveil new kit in honour of the late Emiliano Sala
- MLS David Beckham’s Inter Miami looking to make six signings
- 2022 WORLD CUP QATAR Aubameyang to face Salah in World Cup qualifying
- COPA DEL REY Shinji Kagawa and Zaragoza come out on top in Copa del Rey battle with Take Kubo's Mallorca