Man United lose 35-goal youth academy gem
The Republic of Ireland Under-17 international, Mipo Odubeko has turned down a new contract at Old Trafford and walks away as a free agent.
Manchester United have lost one of the biggest promises of their youth academy, 16-year-old striker Mipo Odubeko.
At a time when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is trying to reignite the club’s utilization of home-grown talent that defined the Ferguson years, the loss of Odubeko will come as a huge disappointment to the Norwegian coach.
The Republic of Ireland Under-17 international, who scored 35 goals for United’s academy last season, has turned down a new contract at Old Trafford and walks away as a free agent, according to reports in the UK.
Several clubs interested in Man United academy striker
Odubeko reportedly believes he will have a better chance to improve his development away from United and is thought to prefer a move to the continent, where Feyenord, Bayern Munich and Genoa are among the clubs that are interested in signing him. In England, the young forward is of interest to Newcastle and Burnley.
Odubeko started his career at St Joseph's Boys Club in Dublin and has a number caps for Republic of Ireland at youth level. But as he holds dual Irish-Nigerian nationality, he could opt to play for the West African nation in the future.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT Global Citizen 2021 live online: singers, performances and concerts
- GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN 2021 Why is the White House planning for a government shutdown?
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: how many signatures does the petition for the new payment have?
- SERIE A Honours even between Inter and Atalanta at San Siro
- PREMIER LEAGUE Enthralling Brentford-Liverpool clash ends with honours even
- SOCCER Man City: Guardiola "proud" after breaking record in Chelsea win