Ibrahimovic does his talking on the pitch too
Zlatan's hat-trick gave LA Galaxy victory in 'El Trafico', the city derby that the side from Carson continue to dominate with LAFC falling once again.
The game was nicely poised before it started, with statements from the LA Galaxy captain assuring us that he was the best player in the league, above Carlos Vela, despite him leading the scoring charts. Ibra stated clearly that when he was 29-years-old he was playing with Europe's elite, while Vela, who is now 29, is 'only' starring in the US league.
But both players did their talking on the field too in this game, and even though LAFC started on top, with Vela scoring the opening goal from the penalty spot in the 4th minute, it was Ibrahimovic who stepped up to show who was boss.
The Swedish Lion roared in front of his home crowd and four minutes after Carlitos Vela's pk, Ibra tied the game with a splendid strike from outside the box into the bottom right corner.
The night for Zlatan was just starting as both teams made it into the dressing rooms for half-time with the match tied at 1-1.
Ibrahimovic completed a perfect hat-trick to turn the game in Galaxy's favor, getting his second in the 56th minute, and then the third in the 70th proving who was king of the land. As the lion roared, he gave LA Galaxy the crown of the city.
Te recomendamos en English
- LA Galaxy extend Cristian Pavon loan
- MLS Pavón: LA Galaxy extend loan
- FOOTBALL Messi Pelé comparisons have "no credibility" - Brazil boss Tite
- TRANSFER NEWS ROUND-UP Pogba wants Juventus over Real Madrid
- International football Pelé's 'milésimo': 50 years on, why his 1,000th goal still matters
- SPAIN Spain: Luis Enrique reappointed as La Roja head coach