Barcelona close to deal on Betis' Junior Firpo
Barcelona are on the cusp of closing a deal for Real Betis' highly rated full-back, according to reports.
Barcelona are edging closer to signing Real Betis left-back Junior Firpo, according to reports.
Sky Sports Italia journalist, Gianluca Di Marzio claims that the clubs are close to agreeing a deal worth 27 million euros for the 22-year-old Dominican-Spaniard – pending the approval of Barca president Josep Bartomeu, who is currently with the squad in Japan.
The Betis defender, who has reportedly been a target of Liverpool and Real Madrid, would offer Blaugrana coach Ernesto Valverde an alternative to Jordi Alba at left-back.
Firpo's stand-out performance last season
Having made the jump to the Betis squad in January, 2018, Firpo was one of the stand-out performers for Los Verdiblancos last season, providing three goals and five assists in 29 games.
And according to Opta stats, the attacking-minded full back had the second highest amount of touches in the opposition box in LaLiga last season with 86, only behind Jordi Alba (97).
The Dominican-born full-back is a Spain underage international and recently helped La Rojita to the UEFA European Under-21 Championship title in June, having started in three of the team’s five tournament fixtures, including the final and semi-final.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother