LA Galaxy the only MLS survivor of the Leagues Cup
The Leagues Cup semifinals are ready and set, with only one MLS side making the cut, the LA Galaxy, after the inaugural stage for three teams of Liga MX.
There is a rivalry between Mexico and the United States that will increase with the introduction of the new Leagues Cup, but it will also reinforce the relationship between the two major leagues of North America.
Both leagues arrived at the inaugural stage of this new tournament with four teams each; however, the Mexican league proved its dominance over Major League Soccer with only one of the US clubs reaching the semifinal phase.
LA Galaxy, without Zlatan Ibrahimovic, managed to defeat Club Tijuana in PKs to be part of the final four, being the only representative of the US league that can now seek a place in the Las Vegas final.
Leagues Cup final four
Liga MX sends three teams to the semifinal stage, with America and Tigres UANL staging the first clash while the Californian side will go up against Cruz Azul.
The game between Club America vs Tigres UANL at BBVA Stadium in Houston on August 20th, while LA Galaxy will host Cruz Azul at Dignity Health Sports Park also on August 20th.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 | ROTHEN Mbappé attitude under scrutiny amid Pochettino comments
- PORTUGAL Pepe recalls landing in Portugal from Brazil: "Have you anything to eat? I don't have any money..."
- NBA Lakers cruise as Bucks, Celtics extend winning streaks
- NBA James Harden confident about Durant, Irving connection: "We're all unselfish"
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman's Super Cup plans depend on Messi
- CORONAVIRUS What's the difference between the third stimulus check & Biden's rescue plan?