Napoli refute club radio claims as they get surprise visitor for transfer talks
The Serie A side have advanced talks over a move for Nicolas Pépé after Jorge Mendes was expected to show up to discuss a James Rodríguez move.
It was a surreal morning in Dimaro, the place where Napoli have set up shop to prepare for the preseason. Word of Jorge Mendes' arrival in the town circulated as the Serie A club continue to negotiate over the arrival of James Rodriguez from Real Madrid.
The information was confirmed by Napoli's official radio station ahead of crunch talks between De Laurentiis and the player's agent.
Napoli refute claims of Mendes arrival for talks
Meanwhile, the club tweeted that Mendes was not on his way to Val di Sole, refuting their own radio station. There was a landing expected at 14:30, however, and journalists in Italy were confused as to what was happened.
In the end, it was an important meeting but not with Jorge Mendes. Samir Khiat, Nicolas Pépé's agent flew in with eyes on reaching an agreement after Lille said he would be leaving the club. Ancelotti continues, however, to talk up a deal for James as the saga continues.
James has also been linked with a move to Atlético and De Laurentiis said they have to be thrifty in the market meaning the two players arriving is off the table.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series