From Atletico Madrid to MLS? Chicago bids for Atleti star
The MLS team, Chicago Fire launched a formal offer for Atletico Madrid, Juanfran Torres now that he's no longer linked with the Spanish team.
The 34-year-old right-back ended his relationship with the Rojiblancos last season after nine years wearing the Atleti colors, with the United States league close of becoming his new home, if the Fire offer is accepted.
Chicago seeks to win the run against Brazilians team like Sao Pablo and Corinthians who are keen on getting the Spaniard, and like the MLS club have launched some offers to seduce the defender.
The Serbian Veljko Paunovic is one of the keys that could end up locking the signing of Juanfran with Chicago Fire, as Paunovic know the defender from his time with Atletico and could convince him to join his team.
The stars that have passed through Chicago
If the arrival of Juanfran Torres becomes official, he will join a list of stars that have passed through Chicago Fire, led by Cuauhtémoc Blanco, who became an idol of the Fire, in addition to Bastian Schweinsteiger or Nico Gaitán, who are currently part of the team Eastern Conference side.
Te recomendamos en English
- US Elections 2020 Early voting locations near me in Florida: how to find where to vote
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- US Elections 2020 USA Election 2020: who is Lara Trump?
- Coronavirus Unemployment benefits in US: how to claim and check weekly payments
- US ELECTION 2020 The Blind Pig: this is the new Biden campaign ad aiming at NFL fans
- Coronavirus Pennsylvania unemployment biweekly benefits: eligibility and filing claim