Rooney excited to play with Zlatan & Schweinsteiger again
Wayne Rooney was one of the last players to join the MLS All-Star team in Orlando, and he's excited about catching up with his old Manchester United teammates.
Rooney's first MLS All-Star Game was back in 2011 at Red Bull Arena, with Manchester United, when the Red Devils faced the best players in the MLS, a memory he remembers dearly.
"I remember in New York when we played them, you can feel the atmosphere and you can feel the excitement around the hotel around the game, it was obviously nice to play it then, and obviously now to play in the other side is a bit more exciting, and it's also a bit more of a challenge to play against Atlético Madrid," said Rooney.
Rooney arrives at the All-Star game after a couple of days off so he could rest and be ready for the second half of the season, which comes in handy for the Skills Challenge and the game against the Spaniards.
The striker mentioned being excited about the game, as for him it'll be nice to play with some of his former teammates like Bastian Schweinsteiger, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and Nani, having a couple of days to catch up, while also saying this game is a good thing for the fans to enjoy.
"I think it's good. It's good for the fans to watch. It's exciting. For us, as players, it's good for us to try and represent the league and put up a good game against one of the best teams in the world."
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Bale becomes a big problem
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid confirm Lucas Vázquez injury
- World Cup 2022 Three years until 2022 Qatar World Cup kicks off
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020 play-offs draw: how and where to watch: times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Manchester City vs Chelsea, game of the weekend
- REAL MADRID-REAL SOCIEDAD Odegaard: "If I score against Real Madrid, I won't celebrate"