Lille spend decent chunk of Nicolas Pépé cash on Trabzonspor ace Yusuf Yazici
Lille finished second in Ligue 1 last term but have overhauled the squad in the close season, with Yusuf Yazici their newest arrival.
Lille have invested a sizeable chunk of the €80million they received for Nicolas Pépé by signing Turkey midfielder Yusuf Yazici from Trabzonspor.
After securing a huge fee from Arsenal for Pépé last week, the Ligue 1 club are well equipped to bolster their squad and 22-year-old Yazici has joined on a five-year deal. Trabzonspor announced on their website that Lille would initially pay €16.5million for the full international, plus a further €1m after he plays 25 games for the French club. Lille defender Edgar Ié also moves to Trabzonspor as part of the deal.
Yazici is a left-sided player who Lille, ahead of a Champions League campaign, believe can contribute a steady flow of goals and attacking threat. Lille director general Marc Ingla called Yazici "a major player, already highly appreciated and well known in his country despite his young age. He brings great technical qualities, an ability to create chances, a very good quality shot and pass with his remarkable left foot, which will come to enrich our team in the season ahead. We're confident he will continue to progress in our team, and that he will quickly show his talent in Ligue 1 in the Lille shirt and that he will be able to achieve a strong season."
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What has Biden said about Justice Breyer's replacement on the Supreme Court?
- SIGA SIGA Global Mentorship Program creating the next generation of female leaders
- NFL How many Super Bowls have the San Francisco 49ers won?
- NFL Chiefs fans donate $223K to Buffalo hospital to mark win vs Bills
- NBA Statue of Kobe and Gianna Bryant erected at crash site
- NBA Giannis admits Cavs deserves greater respect after Bucks win