Lukaku: Inter and Man United close to agreement
Manchester United and Inter Milan are close to an agreement for the Belgian striker, with the Serie A club finally agreeing to meet United’s 75-million-euro evaluation.
It seems the Romelu Lukaku saga is finally nearing its end.
According to Sky Sports, Manchester United and Inter Milan are close to an agreement for the Belgian striker, with the Serie A club agreeing to meet United’s 75-million-euro evaluation by paying 65 million euros plus 12 million in add-ons.
Lukaku is currently back home in Belgium training with Anderlecht, while his agent is in the UK for crucial talks with United. And if all goes as expected, the 26-year-old could soon be on his way to Milan to pass a medical, bringing an end to one of the biggest transfer soap operas of the summer.
BREAKING: Inter Milan have today made a new bid for Romelu Lukaku and are confident of signing the Manchester United striker— Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) August 7, 2019
Lukaku acquisition will prompt Icardi’s exit
Juventus were also in talks with United over a possible swap deal for Lukaku involving Paulo Dybala. But talks broke down after United refused to meet Dybala’s salary demands.
That allowed Inter to return to pole position to secure the Belgian forward, who has been a top priority for new coach Antonio Conte all summer.
With Lukaku now likely to come in as Conte’s first-choice centre forward, Inter would be left to resolve the future of Mauro Icardi, who has been tipped to leave the San Siro for several months since following the breakdown in his relationship with the club due to contractual issues.
Recommended in English
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: times, stream, how to watch it online and what to expect
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: list of nominees and the 6 GOTY contenders
- NFL LA Rams' WR Mike Williams latest to be put on covid-19 list
- EUROPA LEAGUE Have Barcelona ever played and won in the Europa League?
- GOLF When will Tiger Woods return to the PGA Tour?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Watch out for Wilson against Houston