Rooney and Ibrahimovic to face each other for the first time
DC United will host Los Angeles Galaxy on Sunday for the MLS week 23 match, where former teammates Zlatan and Rooney will renew acquaintances.
Wayne Rooney boded farewell to England to join DC United and reached the playoffs despite being at the bottom of the Eastern Conference last season. He's one of the most important players in the league, delighting the fans with his skills, like his long-range goal against Orlando City.
Zlatan, on the other hand, is the most media-friendly and controversial player in the league, but also the leader of LA Galaxy and a prolific scorer, with 38 goals in 45 matches since he arrived in Los Angeles.
Zlatan and Rooney, united again
However, the former Manchester United teammates have not yet met in opposing sides since joining the MLS but this Sunday Rooney and Ibra will go against each other having played together for the MLS All Star side against Atlético Madrid.
Both sides are in the playoff places and on paper Ibrahimovic has the edge over Rooney as the Englishman has tallied a total of 23 goals in 43 appearances. But Rooney has more club titles to his name and a more consistent career, something that won't matter when they face each other on the pitch on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Kroos is having the best season of his Real Madrid career
- World Cup 2022 Work at the Al Bayt stadium almost complete
- Bundesliga Dortmund: Mourinho in line to replace under-fire Favre
- Champions League Pep Guardiola loses patience with slow Stones
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Spurs squad '1000 per cent' behind Pochettino
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Suárez bids to end away drought: Champions League in numbers