Bastian Schweinsteiger gets off the mark in dramatic style
Chicago Fire recorded a 3-2 victory over Montreal Impact on Saturday, in a game where the German midfielder scored his first goal of the season.
What a night it was for Bastian Schweinsteiger and Chicago Fire - the Fire almost let go of a two-goal advantage against Montreal Impact, but thanks to former Bayern Munich legend, theyscraped out a victory in the last moments of the game.
Schweinsteiger has been a loyal servant to Chicago since he joined in 2017, and his quality was at the fore this evening as he grabbed his first goal of the season, an 88th minute winner to give the team all three pointsand bring up their third consecutive victory which edges them closer to play-off places in the Eastern Conference.
Recognition from team mates
For left-back Jonathan Bornstein, Schweinsteiger is an essential part of the team, "he's got so many years of experience on big clubs, big games, so to see him do that to help lift us up, it was amazing to be a part of."
For the German it was a significant win, and he said he was happy that his strike was enough to give the team maximum points: "It was a very important win obviously, but I've always said, where there's a will there's also a way, we fought until the end. It was not an easy game to play, especially after they tied, but we are thrilled we got the three points at home."
Te recomendamos en English
- RUSSIA Russia banned from Olympics and World Cup 2022 over doping scandal
- El CLÁSICO | BARCELONA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's headache - how to stop Messi in El Clásico... 3 possible solutions
- BARCELONA Messi impossible to replace - Barcelona president
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Casemiro must avoid getting booked against Valencia
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Barcelona, Inter set to discuss Rakitic, Vidal and Lautaro Martínez in Milan
- Barcelona 'cannot afford' to lose Vidal in January, says Blaugrana president Bartomeu