Bastian Schweinsteiger gets off the mark in dramatic style
Chicago Fire recorded a 3-2 victory over Montreal Impact on Saturday, in a game where the German midfielder scored his first goal of the season.
What a night it was for Bastian Schweinsteiger and Chicago Fire - the Fire almost let go of a two-goal advantage against Montreal Impact, but thanks to former Bayern Munich legend, theyscraped out a victory in the last moments of the game.
Schweinsteiger has been a loyal servant to Chicago since he joined in 2017, and his quality was at the fore this evening as he grabbed his first goal of the season, an 88th minute winner to give the team all three pointsand bring up their third consecutive victory which edges them closer to play-off places in the Eastern Conference.
Recognition from team mates
For left-back Jonathan Bornstein, Schweinsteiger is an essential part of the team, "he's got so many years of experience on big clubs, big games, so to see him do that to help lift us up, it was amazing to be a part of."
For the German it was a significant win, and he said he was happy that his strike was enough to give the team maximum points: "It was a very important win obviously, but I've always said, where there's a will there's also a way, we fought until the end. It was not an easy game to play, especially after they tied, but we are thrilled we got the three points at home."
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week