Edinson Cavani rumoured to be Inter Miami's first big signing
Inter Miami are planning their squad ahead of their debut MLS season in 2020 with the Uruguayan a candidate to make the move to Florida.
Chilean Journalist Alvaro Izquierdo reports that the striker could join Inter Miami once his contract with Ligue 1 champions, Paris Saint Germain expires next summer, becoming a free agent and available to reach the team he chooses.
Cavani saw his European career start in 2006 upon joining Italian team Palermo, and in these 13 years, the Uruguayan has displayed his quality and talent with the likes of Palermo and Napoli in Serie A and with PSG in France.
Free Transfer deal
The 32-year-old striker could elect to play in the US with Inter Miami once his PSG contract ends and follow his national teammate Nicolas Lodeiro who now plays with Seattle Sounders.
Cavani would be the first major signing for the Florida squad and would arrive as a free agent to become one of the big name stars in MLS alongside Zlatan, Carlos Vela and Nani.
Te recomendamos en English
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE The new Super League is born: all the details of the announcement
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: 20 teams, two leagues of 10, knockout stages – the controversial competition's format
- FOOTBALL European Super League, live updates: reaction, participating clubs, UEFA statement... | Latest news
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Jose Mourinho sacked by Tottenham Hotspur
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS How to get Covid-19 a vaccine appointment in Florida?