Inter Miami: Makoun becomes new MLS franchise's third signing
The expansion MLS team have announced the arrival of another player as they continue their preparations for their 2020 debut season in the US league.
The 19-year-old central defender is one of the top prospects in La Vinotinto's U20 side. Makoun had a brief spell at Juventus, with the Turin side not making the purchase option valid over the summer, so once the loan was over, he returned to Zamora until his Inter Miami deal was done.
The Florida side's sporting director, Paul McDonough, was pleased with the arrival of one of the brightest prospects in Venezuelan football, besides highlighting his character and experience in Europe.
"We are happy to add a young player with solid experience in both Europe and South America to Inter Miami's ranks. Christian is a player with a good reputation and good character. He confessed he aims to represent himself and his country at the highest level and this is the mentality we want to build at Inter Miami," McDonough said in the presentation.
The defender played 13 games in the Italian youth league, chipping in with three goals and one assist, besides playing seven matches in the UEFA Youth League.
Makoun was captain of the U20 Venezuelan team, with whom he has played 15 games between friendlies and the U20 South American Championship and the World Cup, and scored three goals.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Kroos is having the best season of his Real Madrid career
- World Cup 2022 Work at the Al Bayt stadium almost complete
- Bundesliga Dortmund: Mourinho in line to replace under-fire Favre
- Champions League Pep Guardiola loses patience with slow Stones
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Spurs squad '1000 per cent' behind Pochettino
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Suárez bids to end away drought: Champions League in numbers