DC United in talks with Daniel Sturridge
With Wayne Rooney set to return to England, DC United have turned their attention to former Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge, according to journalist Jeff Carlisle.
DC United will lose Wayne Rooney in January when the captain will return to England to take up a player-manager role with Derby County. That means the MLS club has little over four months to find a replacement.
According to ESPN journalist, Jeff Carlisle, Daniel Sturridge is holding talks with DC United The 29-year-old striker is a free agent since his contract with Liverpool ended during the summer.
However, the MLS club offer is not the only one being considered by Sturridge - at least 13 clubs have placed offers or shown an interest, including Olympique de Marseille, Fenerbahçe, Real Betis, Atalanta, Eintracht Frankfurt. Steven Goff from The Washington Post reports that talks between DC United and Daniel Sturridge ended last week.
Not happening. Talks died last week.— Steven Goff (@SoccerInsider) August 13, 2019
Ozil, DC United other option
German midfielder, Mesut Özil, is also one of the candidates DC United is considering, again according to Steven Goff, who said the club is in talks with the Arsenal player's agents.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Mario Balotelli joins hometown club Brescia on a free
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kevin De Bruyne: "I feel good and I'm still getting better"
- BARCELONA Víctor Valdés pulls Barcelona Under-19s out of Everton game for health concerns
- ENGLAND Ashley Cole retires from football: his career in numbers
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid steal a march on Barcelona in the race for Neymar
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid still have not confirmed that the Trofeo Bernabéu will not go ahead this year