DC United in talks with Daniel Sturridge
With Wayne Rooney set to return to England, DC United have turned their attention to former Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge, according to journalist Jeff Carlisle.
DC United will lose Wayne Rooney in January when the captain will return to England to take up a player-manager role with Derby County. That means the MLS club has little over four months to find a replacement.
According to ESPN journalist, Jeff Carlisle, Daniel Sturridge is holding talks with DC United The 29-year-old striker is a free agent since his contract with Liverpool ended during the summer.
However, the MLS club offer is not the only one being considered by Sturridge - at least 13 clubs have placed offers or shown an interest, including Olympique de Marseille, Fenerbahçe, Real Betis, Atalanta, Eintracht Frankfurt. Steven Goff from The Washington Post reports that talks between DC United and Daniel Sturridge ended last week.
Not happening. Talks died last week.— Steven Goff (@SoccerInsider) August 13, 2019
Ozil, DC United other option
German midfielder, Mesut Özil, is also one of the candidates DC United is considering, again according to Steven Goff, who said the club is in talks with the Arsenal player's agents.
Te recomendamos en English
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Luis Suárez: "I was keen to find out what it means to play for Atleti"
- UEFA SUPER CUP UEFA pleased as fan-attended Super Cup runs 'smoothly'
- LALIGA Barcelona still have a squad capable of challenging – Zidane
- BARCELONA Messi's Last Dance: The records the Barcelona star can break – and what could hold him back
- Transfer market Depay in pole position for Barcelona move, Man Utd want Sancho and Telles
- BOXING McGregor claims his next fight is against Pacquiao