DC United in talks with Daniel Sturridge
With Wayne Rooney set to return to England, DC United have turned their attention to former Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge, according to journalist Jeff Carlisle.
DC United will lose Wayne Rooney in January when the captain will return to England to take up a player-manager role with Derby County. That means the MLS club has little over four months to find a replacement.
According to ESPN journalist, Jeff Carlisle, Daniel Sturridge is holding talks with DC United The 29-year-old striker is a free agent since his contract with Liverpool ended during the summer.
However, the MLS club offer is not the only one being considered by Sturridge - at least 13 clubs have placed offers or shown an interest, including Olympique de Marseille, Fenerbahçe, Real Betis, Atalanta, Eintracht Frankfurt. Steven Goff from The Washington Post reports that talks between DC United and Daniel Sturridge ended last week.
Not happening. Talks died last week.— Steven Goff (@SoccerInsider) August 13, 2019
Ozil, DC United other option
German midfielder, Mesut Özil, is also one of the candidates DC United is considering, again according to Steven Goff, who said the club is in talks with the Arsenal player's agents.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week