DC United in talks with Daniel Sturridge
With Wayne Rooney set to return to England, DC United have turned their attention to former Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge, according to journalist Jeff Carlisle.
DC United will lose Wayne Rooney in January when the captain will return to England to take up a player-manager role with Derby County. That means the MLS club has little over four months to find a replacement.
According to ESPN journalist, Jeff Carlisle, Daniel Sturridge is holding talks with DC United The 29-year-old striker is a free agent since his contract with Liverpool ended during the summer.
However, the MLS club offer is not the only one being considered by Sturridge - at least 13 clubs have placed offers or shown an interest, including Olympique de Marseille, Fenerbahçe, Real Betis, Atalanta, Eintracht Frankfurt. Steven Goff from The Washington Post reports that talks between DC United and Daniel Sturridge ended last week.
Not happening. Talks died last week.— Steven Goff (@SoccerInsider) August 13, 2019
Ozil, DC United other option
German midfielder, Mesut Özil, is also one of the candidates DC United is considering, again according to Steven Goff, who said the club is in talks with the Arsenal player's agents.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGA MX Giovani dos Santos could leave Club América this summer
- Coronavirus US Coronavirus US: who has to wear a mask after the vaccine?
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the possible ceasefire and conflict between Israel and Palestine?
- 2021 TAX SEASON Tax Filing 2021 deadline: is it possible to request an extension?
- 2021 TAX SEASON Tax Deadline 2021: what happens if you file taxes late?
- ENTERTAINMENT Who is Andrea Meza, winner of Miss Universe?