Carlos Vela gets a curious gift for his fantastic LAFC season
The LAFC captain was recognised for an amazing MLS campaign that so far has him leading the scoring chart with 23 goals in 23 games.
The United States of America has different celebrations throughout the year, and August 16 is no exception as, on this day, National Rum Day takes place.
Taking to social media, the LAFC skipper revealed that he had been given a customised bottle from a famous rum company, with the branding changed to read "Captain Vela" in reference to his leadership of his team and in the MLS since he was chosen to be the MLS All-Star captain over names like Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Wayne Rooney.
Josef Martínez also given customised bottle
Vela was not the only one to receive such a gift, as the Atlanta United striker Josef Martínez, who is second in the scoring table and the leader of the Five Stripes, also received a personalised bottle featuring the label "Captain Martinez".
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman open to replacing Valverde at Camp Nou
- Ligue 1 VAR changes proposed after Marseille-Lyon controversy
- AC Milan AC Milan: Montolivo retires 18 months after final Serie A game
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern will "see how things develop" with Leroy Sane
- LIVERPOOL Klopp wants Liverpool to build on "pretty much impossible" start
- EGYPT Mohamed Salah ruled out of Egypt games with ankle injury