Zack Steffen takes centre stage in his Bundesliga debut
The American goalie helped Fortuna Düsseldorf get their first win of the season against Werder Bremen. Steffen is on loan at the German side from Man City.
Christian Pulisic has been monopolising the headlines lately as his record transfer deal to Chelsea was the main focus in the United States, but Pulisic is not the only American with a historic transfer, as former Columbus Crew and USMNT goalkeeper Zack Steffen has his fair share when Manchester City signed him during the winter transfer window.
Despite Steffen not reaching the Premier League, since the Citizens sent him on loan to Bundesliga side Fortuna Düsseldorf, much is expected of the American goalie, and during his debut against Werder Bremen, Steffen proved why City bet on him.
Steffen helped Düsseldorf take a valuable three points in their Bundesliga debut, where the US goalie saw 25 attempts from Werder Bremen, only conceding one goal in his team's 3-1 victory.
The Düsseldorf goalie spoke with Bundesliga.com prior to his debut, where he talked about this new chapter in his career. "It's a lot of new challenges for me, and I want to perform and execute my job, I've got a good group of guys around me, a good coaching staff to lift me up and give me confidence, and make me feel at home."
Bundesliga week 1
Fortune Düsseldorf started the 2019-20 season with a win to settle in third place of the table below Borussia Dortmund and Freiburg, with games still about to happen on Sunday. Steffen starts his Bundesliga journey with a win, unlike Pulisic, who succumbed to Manchester United in week 1 of the Premier League.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Can I cash someone else’s stimulus check in the US?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: Is it safe to fly during Covid-19?
- CORONAVIRUS $600 unemployment benefits boost: when does it end, will it be extended?
- Coronavirus Unemployment benefits: What does 'Stop Payment Indicator' mean?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man United: Get Pogba out for player with desire, says Sheringham
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: can Social Security beneficiaries get the payment?