Thomas Tuchel wants Keylor Navas for PSG
The French champions are not convinced by their current number one and eyes have remained alert to the idea of Real Madrid's Costa Rican.
PSG continue in their search for a goalkeeper who can add further security to their last line of defence, as Alphonse Areola is not proving to be as convincing as Thomas Tuchel had hoped.
Navas remains on PSG radar
Following a surprise defeat to Rennes in Ligue 1, and Tuchel lacking full confidence in the French stopper, the board is still aiming to bring in another experienced goalkeeper before the transfer window closes. According to RCM, the German manager has expressly asked them to consider AC Milan's Gianluiggi Donnarumma and Real Madrid's Keylor Navas, the latter being his primary target.
Upong the conclusion of the Rennes loss Tuchel stated that he could not rule out a change between the sticks saying that everyone in his team needed to earn their place.
“Will Alphonse come out? I cannot confirm it while the market is still open. Each player has to prove their quality, including Alphonse," Tuchel told RCM.
Madrid were couting on Keylor
In the case of Navas, Real Madrid had considered that their Costa Rican would remain after allowing Andriy Lunin to play for Valladolid across the entire season. First choice Thibaut Courtois is also currently out injured. But, the desire to sign Neymar could see Florentino Pérez change this stance, if the swap-sale is needed to bring in the services of the Brazilian.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's internal debate
- TRANSFER RUMOURS Premier League: Arsenal intensify Nuno interest and keep Martínez in mind
- VALENCIA - REAL MADRID Zidane and Celades: friends in Madrid, rivals in Valencia
- FOOTBALL Michael Owen: "I was already in decline by the time I was 23"
- Rashford eager to live up to 'nice' Ronaldo comparisons
- LIVERPOOL Liverpool: "Klopp has made me who I am today" - Alexander-Arnold