Thomas Tuchel wants Keylor Navas for PSG
The French champions are not convinced by their current number one and eyes have remained alert to the idea of Real Madrid's Costa Rican.
PSG continue in their search for a goalkeeper who can add further security to their last line of defence, as Alphonse Areola is not proving to be as convincing as Thomas Tuchel had hoped.
Navas remains on PSG radar
Following a surprise defeat to Rennes in Ligue 1, and Tuchel lacking full confidence in the French stopper, the board is still aiming to bring in another experienced goalkeeper before the transfer window closes. According to RCM, the German manager has expressly asked them to consider AC Milan's Gianluiggi Donnarumma and Real Madrid's Keylor Navas, the latter being his primary target.
Upong the conclusion of the Rennes loss Tuchel stated that he could not rule out a change between the sticks saying that everyone in his team needed to earn their place.
“Will Alphonse come out? I cannot confirm it while the market is still open. Each player has to prove their quality, including Alphonse," Tuchel told RCM.
Madrid were couting on Keylor
In the case of Navas, Real Madrid had considered that their Costa Rican would remain after allowing Andriy Lunin to play for Valladolid across the entire season. First choice Thibaut Courtois is also currently out injured. But, the desire to sign Neymar could see Florentino Pérez change this stance, if the swap-sale is needed to bring in the services of the Brazilian.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA - VILLARREAL | VALVERDE Valverde: "It's not normal to have 3 penalties given against you in 6 games"
- Premier League Kick It Out condemn Bernardo Silva 'Conguitos' tweet
- GRANADA 2-0 BARCELONA Barça: Luis Suárez nabbed on camera calling lino a "cone"
- BAYERN MUNICH Luca Toni: "It's very difficult to criticise Lewandowski, he's one of the best"
- Serie A Juventus: Sarri waits on Ronaldo fitness ahead of Brescia test
- International football UEFA hands Slovakia, Hungary and Romania stadium closures