Fiorentina seal Ribéry signing
Fiorentina have finalised the capture of former France international Franck Ribéry on a free transfer.
Franck Ribéry has completed a move to Serie A side Fiorentina following his departure from Bayern Munich.
Ribéry, 36, became a free agent when his Bayern contact expired at the end of June.
The French winger spent 12 years in Bavaria, winning nine Bundesliga titles, and was given a warm welcome by Fiorentina fans when he flew into Florence on Wednesday.
Reportedly joins Fiorentina on two-year deal
The length of the deal has not been confirmed, but reports in Italy indicate it will run for two years.
"I am here with my family. We're doing something together," Ribéry told reporters when he arrived in Florence.
"I have already spoken to Fiorentina and Luca Toni, who told me this was a great club and a beautiful city."
Could go into squad for Serie A opener against Napoli
Vincenzo Montella could potentially include Ribéry in his squad for Saturday's season opener at home to Napoli, who are coached by former Bayern boss Carlo Ancelotti.
Premier League club Sheffield United, A-League side Western Sydney Wanderers and teams in Saudi Arabia and Qatar had all been linked to the former Marseille star.
Ribéry made 25 appearances and 10 starts in his final Bundesliga campaign, scoring six goals.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card
- MLB The regular season is closing in, and the division champions are not yet decided
- FINANCIAL NEWS Is the Evergrande bankruptcy affecting the US stock market?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US: are the new variants more dangerous for children?