"What if Barça go for Vela again? He's cheaper than Neymar"
The brother of the Los Angeles FC forward pointed to Carlitos' return of 28 goals in 28 games, claiming that he is "much more productive" than the Brazilian.
Alejandro Vela plays in Mexico's second division. The 35-year-old Mexican plays for Venados FC, and he is also Carlos Vela's brother - the former Arsenal forward who swapped Real Sociedad a year and a half ago for MLS side Los Angeles FC. Vela is also the club captain, and this season has averaged a goal a game, scoring 28 goals in 28 games.
Carlos' impressive form has prompted his brother Alejandro to send a message to Barcelona; "What if Barcelona tries to sign Los Angeles FC 10 again? I think he would be cheaper and much more productive asset than Neymar, really Carlos Vela can play wherever he wants!" he said.
Y si el @FCBarcelona vuelve a intentar fichar al “10” de @LAFC ???? Creo que le saldría más barato y mucho más productivo que NEY,de verdad @11carlosV puede jugar donde él quiera!!!!!— alejandro vela (@alexvelag11) August 22, 2019
Qué opinan??@marccrosas @herculezg @jllopezsalido @marianot19 @GarciaPosti @LuisOmarTapia
Los Culés enquired about bringing the Mexican to the Camp Nou in the past but have shown no interest recently. In any case, Vela's average, albeit in a different league, is superior to Neymar's (PSG), and with Barça fighting for the Brazilian all summer if a move fails to materialise they can always look at Carlos Vela's numbers ...
Te recomendamos en English
- EUROPA LEAGUE Getafe beat Trabzonspor on their return to European football
- BARCELONA Barcelona's great challenge is to "reduce salary spend by €18m"
- BARCELONA Valverde asked Barcelona to sign Neymar
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: just 6 clean sheets in all competitions in 2019
- REAL MADRID Rivaldo says Madrid "escaped a historic beating" against PSG
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid fans believe Zidane is to blame