Real Madrid: Bernabéu return a 'unique feeling' - James
The Colombian started a Real Madrid match for the first time since May 2017 as Los Blancos were held to a 1-1 draw at home against Real Valladolid.
Real Madrid playmaker James Rodríguez said returning to play at the Santiago Bernabéu was a "unique feeling".
First Madrid start since 2017
James started a Madrid match for the first time since May 2017 as Los Blancos drew 1-1 at home to Real Valladolid in LaLiga action on Saturday.
The Colombia star spent the last two seasons out on loan with Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich, who opted against triggering their purchase option.
James looked poised to join either Atletico Madrid or Napoli, however, the 28-year-old played 57 minutes for Zinedine Zidane's men in the Spanish capital.
Después de un largo tiempo he vuelto al Bernabéu. Ha sido una una sensación única. Gracias a la afición por el cariño. Seguiremos trabajando para mejorar. pic.twitter.com/xaf0WMOeHI— James Rodríguez (@jamesdrodriguez) August 24, 2019
Back at the Bernabéu
"Back at the Bernabéu after a long time," James wrote on Twitter post-match.
"It was a unique feeling. Thanks to the fans for the support.
"We will continue to work in order to improve."
James made 20 Bundesliga appearances for Bayern last season, scoring seven goals.
He also scored seven league goals in 23 Bundesliga matches during the 2017-18 after helping Madrid to Champions League glory the season prior.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- CORONAVIRUS What are the new CDC mask guidelines for schools?
- OLYMPICS USA played with freedom in bounce-back Iran victory – Kevin Durant