USA stars take over Champions League Group H
Thursday's Champions League draw produced one of the more interesting groups wioth with Chelsea, Ajax, and Lille drawn together, clubs with US players in their ranks.
Thursday's Champions League draw left Europe's elite clearer about which teams they will be facing on the road to Istanbul.
What possibly few expected was that the Americans would take over Group H as Chelsea, Ajax, and Lille were all drawn together alongside Valencia, which means that at least one US player will reach the knockout stage of the 2019/20 UEFA Champions League.
Tyler Adams, the other US international present in the Champions League sides, was left out of the 'American' group. His RB Leipzig was drawn in Group G, with Zenit, Benfica, and Lyon.
If Adams' side reaches the next phase, we could have more American players to keep an eye on, and the possibility of a clash between international team mates. For now, we'll have to settle for the least six confirmed games where the USMNT men will battle it out for a spot in the knockout stage.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Denver Broncos vs Cleveland Browns live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 7
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- US NEWS Is the Social Security increase for 2022 the largest in US history?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries