Simone Biles' brother arrested and charged for triple murder
Tevin Biles-Thomas, the brother of the Olympic gold medalist, has been charged with the New Year's Eve shooting in Ohio.
Tevin Biles-Thomas, the brother of Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles, has been charged with murder, voluntary manslaughter, felonious assault and perjury in a December 31, 2018, fatal shooting in Cleveland.
Olympic superstar's brother murder charge
The charges against Biles-Thomas were announced in a joint statement given by Cleveland Police and the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's Office.
It was reported by authorities that on the night of the shooting, a fight started after a group of uninvited people came into the home. Several individuals were then hit as shots were fired, including 21-year-old Toshaun Banks and 19-year-old Delvaunte Johnson who both died at the scene. A third person, 23-year-old Devaughn Gibson, died of his injuries in a hospital later.
Biles-Thomas continues to be held without bond in the Liberty County Jail and he is scheduled to be arraigned on 13 September in Ohio.
"We appreciate our partnership with the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's Office and are confident that their efforts will bring justice for the families affected by this terrible incident," said Calvin William, Police Chief of the Cleveland Division.
Te recomendamos en English
- TAX SEASON 2021 IRS unemployment refund update: how to track and check its state
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS How filing a tax return could help you get third stimulus check plus-up payments
- PERSONAL FINANCE Who qualifies for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) in California?
- Serie A Pirlo: Cristiano Ronaldo happy to be substituted
- REAL MADRID Zidane to leave Real Madrid at the end of the season
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández scores his seventh goal of the season in MLS