Simone Biles' brother arrested and charged for triple murder
Tevin Biles-Thomas, the brother of the Olympic gold medalist, has been charged with the New Year's Eve shooting in Ohio.
Tevin Biles-Thomas, the brother of Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles, has been charged with murder, voluntary manslaughter, felonious assault and perjury in a December 31, 2018, fatal shooting in Cleveland.
Olympic superstar's brother murder charge
The charges against Biles-Thomas were announced in a joint statement given by Cleveland Police and the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's Office.
It was reported by authorities that on the night of the shooting, a fight started after a group of uninvited people came into the home. Several individuals were then hit as shots were fired, including 21-year-old Toshaun Banks and 19-year-old Delvaunte Johnson who both died at the scene. A third person, 23-year-old Devaughn Gibson, died of his injuries in a hospital later.
Biles-Thomas continues to be held without bond in the Liberty County Jail and he is scheduled to be arraigned on 13 September in Ohio.
"We appreciate our partnership with the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's Office and are confident that their efforts will bring justice for the families affected by this terrible incident," said Calvin William, Police Chief of the Cleveland Division.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers LB Dre Greenlaw out for 4-6 weeks due to groin injury
- National Football League second week breakdown
- BAYERN MUNICH "Magician", "the next Neymar": new Bayern starlet draws lofty praise
- PREMIER LEAGUE Despite posting losses Woodward confident that Man Utd are 'on right track'
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: match-day 5, bullet point preview
- NBA Real Madrid's Demin, Duru among youngsters tipped for NBA