Simone Biles lands an insane triple-double at USA nationals
The World and Olympic champion performed an outstading triple-double during her floor routine on Sunday at the US Gymnastics Championships in Kansas City.
The 22-year-old gymnast continues to make history in her sport, and aside from winning her sixth national all-around title, Biles landed a never-before-seen triple-double on Sunday.
The US Gymnastics Championships in Kansas City this weekend was the perfect stage for Biles to continue writing history, as she became the first woman ever to land a triple-double (two backflips and three twists) while competing during her floor routine.
The Kansas Nationals competitions saw Biles make more history as she also became the first gymnast to attempt and land a double-double (two twists and two somersaults), dismounting from a high beam.
Biles most focus onto the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, which she said would be her last, but for now, she will enjoy celebrating her sixth national all-around title with a score of 118.500. The last woman to win six US all-around gold medals was Clara Schroth-Lomady between 1945 and 1952.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Ronaldo discusses future ahead of Portugal-Hungary clash
- Cristiano Ronaldo having no 'sleepless nights' over Juventus future
- EURO 2020 Mbappé needed to speak up but Giroud tussle is behind us, says France captain Lloris
- REAL MADRID Ramos: Kroos, Casillas back Real Madrid captain amid contract impasse
- Copa America Who won the last Copa America and which country has the most titles?
- US News How have vaccine lotteries impacted vaccination rates?