Ansu Fati: Barça teenager third youngest scorer in Liga history
At 16 years and 304 days old, the Camp Nou sensation has beaten the marks set by Bojan (17 years and 53 days) and Leo Messi (17 years and 331 days).
Ansu Fati joined the action in El Sadar at the start of the second half as Osasuna held Barcelona to a 2-2 draw and it took the 16-year-old just five minutes to find the back of the net and to set a new record as the youngest-ever scorer for Barcelona in Liga history.
The 16-year-old’s header drew the scores level at 1-1 just after the break and his effort beat the previous marks set by Bojan (17 years and 53 days) and Leo Messi (17 years and 331 days).
Fati becomes third-youngest scorer in Liga history
Fato, who has been at La Masia since the age of 10 and fat-tracked into the first team due to Barça’s injury woes up front, also becomes the third-youngest scorer in the Spanish top flight over all, behind Fabrice Olinga (Málaga, 16 years and 98 days) and Iker Muniain (Athletic, 16 years and 289 days).
Recommended in English
- GLOBAL NEWS How much money has baby shark made?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Francisco Gento, ‘The Gale of the Cantabrian Sea’
- NFL Seahawks fire defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr.
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team