We played with fear against Mexico - Christian Pulisic
The USAl team's young star, Christian Pulisic showed his frustration after losing back to back games against Mexico, a painful reality for the American side
On Friday night, the United States men's national team were simply unable to defeat their bitter rival, El Tri, in what was supposed to be 'The Game' of this FIFA Date, with the game representing a rematch of the Gold Cup final.
Gerardo' Tata' Martino's squad went ahead with goals from Chicharito Hernandez, Erick Gutierrez and LA Galaxy star, Uriel Antuna to put an end to a 42 year-long streak where the Stars and Striped had been ahead in friendly games.
This latest loss against Mexico didn't sit well for US star, Christian Pulisic which he expressed by pointing out they need to beat El Tri. "As of right now, yes, we still played with fear against them, and that is what I can't really live with, that needs to change. We're going to go out and give it everything the next time," said the Chelsea player with an inevitable frustration.
- United States of America
Pulisic also couldn't deny the lack of tactics the US team showed against the Mexican national team, letting them show again that right now, Mexico is the better team.
"There needs to be a lot more movement and a lot more just creativity within the team and the confidence to go out and play against good opponents, we have to go out there and play like we're good enough to be out there and be confident and play without thinking twice about it. That's how it needs to be, and that's just not where we're at right now," concluded the American youngster.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA LeBron James left frustrated after Lakers collapse against Warriors
- NFL How many Super Bowl LV 2021 tickets are on sale?
- UNITED STATES Biden inauguration, Trump last full day as president, $1,400 stimulus check updates | Live
- CORONAVIRUS Third stimulus check: could $1,400 payment arrive in January?
- US NEWS $15 per hour minimum wage: who has supported and who has criticized the proposal?
- CORONAVIRUS What US states have administered most covid-19 vaccines?