We played with fear against Mexico - Christian Pulisic
The USAl team's young star, Christian Pulisic showed his frustration after losing back to back games against Mexico, a painful reality for the American side
On Friday night, the United States men's national team were simply unable to defeat their bitter rival, El Tri, in what was supposed to be 'The Game' of this FIFA Date, with the game representing a rematch of the Gold Cup final.
Gerardo' Tata' Martino's squad went ahead with goals from Chicharito Hernandez, Erick Gutierrez and LA Galaxy star, Uriel Antuna to put an end to a 42 year-long streak where the Stars and Striped had been ahead in friendly games.
This latest loss against Mexico didn't sit well for US star, Christian Pulisic which he expressed by pointing out they need to beat El Tri. "As of right now, yes, we still played with fear against them, and that is what I can't really live with, that needs to change. We're going to go out and give it everything the next time," said the Chelsea player with an inevitable frustration.
- United States of America
Pulisic also couldn't deny the lack of tactics the US team showed against the Mexican national team, letting them show again that right now, Mexico is the better team.
"There needs to be a lot more movement and a lot more just creativity within the team and the confidence to go out and play against good opponents, we have to go out there and play like we're good enough to be out there and be confident and play without thinking twice about it. That's how it needs to be, and that's just not where we're at right now," concluded the American youngster.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man Utd boss wants trio to take up Ronaldo, Rooney, Tévez mantle
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: LaLiga Santander, how and where to watch
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Ban for Real Madrid's Valverde no surprise to Atlético boss Simeone
- LALIGA SANTANDER The closet fought LaLiga campaign for 17 years
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern: Flick admits transfer demands have changed
- Real Madrid Benzema included in Real Madrid 19-man-squad for Sevilla match