USA fails to take revenge for the Gold Cup final
The United States men's national team endured another heavy loss against their bitter rivals, Mexico, failing to take revenge for their Gold Cup loss.
The United States was looking forward to the match against Mexico - the Stars and Stripes were seeking revenge after the Gold Cup final back in July where Mexico prevented the USMNT from becoming back-to-back champions.
This was the opportunity for the USA to prove they're as good as the Mexicans, and with names like Christian Pulisic, believed to be the new Captain America, Zack Steffen and Weston McKennie, who are succeeding in Europe, the fans hopes were set high.
However, Mexico also had the European legion available for this game: Javier Hernadez, Hector Herrera or Jesus Manuel Corona. El Tri knows how to win against the United States, and even though Gregg Berhalter side is the king of friendlies, Mexico ended a losing streak they had against the United States in international friendlies with Chicharito, Eric Gutierrez, and Uriel Antuna's goals.
Pulisic couldn't do a lot to help his team, nor could promising young players like Sergino Dest, as Mexico was inspired and felt at home the entire game, playing great football and sending the American coach a clear message - Berhalter needs to mak some changes if they're planning to qualify for the 2022 World Cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man Utd boss wants trio to take up Ronaldo, Rooney, Tévez mantle
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: LaLiga Santander, how and where to watch
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Ban for Real Madrid's Valverde no surprise to Atlético boss Simeone
- LALIGA SANTANDER The closet fought LaLiga campaign for 17 years
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern: Flick admits transfer demands have changed
- Real Madrid Benzema included in Real Madrid 19-man-squad for Sevilla match