Ibrahimovic equals but doesn't break Josef Martínez's goals record
Back in August, the LA Galaxy captain announced that he would break the MLS record for the most goals in one month. He's gone close, but not done it yet...
Zlatan Ibrahimovic continues to set new records in the MLS but this time, the LA Galaxy captain had to settle for equalling the league's records for goals in one single month - set by Atlanta United striker, Josef Martinez.
Zlatan matched Martínez's tally last month, scoring seven goals in August. He may well have surpassed the record had he not missed a game due to suspension. Ibrascoring in the matches against FC Dallas, LAFC and Seattle Sounders but failed to find the back of the net in the meeting with DC United.
7 - #LAGalaxy striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored seven goals in the month of August, tied for the most by a #MLS player in a single month since last September. Roar. #OptaPerformersOfTheMonth pic.twitter.com/YgYAqJrFM5— OptaJack⚽️ (@OptaJack) September 2, 2019
Josef Martínez: 7 goals in one month
The Venezuelan striker netted seven times in July despite missing the first game of the month against Chicago Fire. He was on target twice against NY Red Bulls and Houston Dynamo and once in the games against Seattle, DC United, and LAFC.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG - REAL MADRID Official: PSG's Cavani and Mbappé to miss Real Madrid game
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Liverpool are the team to beat in Europe, says Napoli coach Ancelotti
- BAYERN MUNICH Coutinho: "Bayern is more of a close-knit family than my previous clubs"
- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP Liverpool could face Mexico's Monterrey in Club World Cup semi-final
- REAL MADRID Ødegaard: "I felt it wouldn't be good for me to go back to Real Madrid"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Messi challenge is what Dortmund want – Reus