Ibrahimovic equals but doesn't break Josef Martínez's goals record
Back in August, the LA Galaxy captain announced that he would break the MLS record for the most goals in one month. He's gone close, but not done it yet...
Zlatan Ibrahimovic continues to set new records in the MLS but this time, the LA Galaxy captain had to settle for equalling the league's records for goals in one single month - set by Atlanta United striker, Josef Martinez.
Zlatan matched Martínez's tally last month, scoring seven goals in August. He may well have surpassed the record had he not missed a game due to suspension. Ibrascoring in the matches against FC Dallas, LAFC and Seattle Sounders but failed to find the back of the net in the meeting with DC United.
7 - #LAGalaxy striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored seven goals in the month of August, tied for the most by a #MLS player in a single month since last September. Roar. #OptaPerformersOfTheMonth pic.twitter.com/YgYAqJrFM5— OptaJack⚽️ (@OptaJack) September 2, 2019
Josef Martínez: 7 goals in one month
The Venezuelan striker netted seven times in July despite missing the first game of the month against Chicago Fire. He was on target twice against NY Red Bulls and Houston Dynamo and once in the games against Seattle, DC United, and LAFC.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS $300 weekly unemployment benefits: situation in states across the US
- US ELECTIONS 2020 US Election 2020: how many people have voted so far vs 2016
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, Amy Barrett confirmed to Supreme Court, cases, deaths, updates today
- Champions League Borussia Monchengladbach - Real Madrid: preview, team news, predicted XIs
- B. MÖNCHENGLADBACH-REAL MADRID Zidane on Isco's complaints: "He wants to play"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Olympique Marseille vs Manchester City: how and where to watch - times, TV, online